This section of the website is dedicated to the dissemination of information that will be beneficial to practice and community nurses.
CO-AGUCHEK INR METERS – for patient self-testing
The CCG has purchased 100 INR meters for patients who are taking warfarin regularly (and are not suitable for switching to a DOAC but are suitable for self-testing).
We have arranged training on using the meter and the INR Star ENGAGE app. for practice and care home staff so that they are able to support patients and their carers. The meters and resources that have been requested have been delivered to the practices and care homes.
Key Information for Practices:
Advice for patients:
The meter is the property of the Isle of Wight CCG.
Should you have any queries or you wish to return the meters please contact:
It is advisable to keep a spare supply of 4 good quality AAA batteries.
Test Strips/Lancet Ordering Process
Please order via your GP Practice
Sharps Disposal Process
Please arrange disposal via your GP Practice.
Help & Support Lines
Phone: 01209 710999 (Option 1)
Instant Message: https://help.inrstar.co.uk/
Calibration & Troubleshooting
The INR Meter requires calibrating 6 monthly.
If not working properly report issue to Roche careline 0808 100 7666 and select the technical support option, or notify GP practice where a replacement will be issued.
If you experience any errors please refer to the user manual.
A training video for the INR meters can be viewed here
Enoxaparin (Inhixa) Training Materials
Enoxaparin is now available as Clexane and Inhixa. These are biosimilar medicines and must therefore be prescribed and maintained by brand as they have slightly different administration techniques. Where a switch is required (e.g. with supply problems) please counsel patients as there is a difference in syringe design.
Inhixa is now the brand of choice for new patients however; Clexane is still available for existing patients. An administration training video is available here and a patient information leaflet is available here
Time to focus on pressure ulcer prevention Webinar
Please follow this link to register and watch the presentation on-demand. The course includes a certificate of attendance as well as carrying 1hr of eligibility towards CPD.
Venous Leg Ulcers - Self Care Support Resources beneficial during social distancing
This link gives direct access to all of L&R’s key resources to watch or download including measuring forms, ordering code lists, application posters and measuring & application videos. Self help videos for patients taking care of their wound at home are also available on the site. We hope this gives you the resources you need to support your venous leg ulceration patients in these unprecedented times and whilst we socially distance ourselves from face to face support.
Leg Ulcer Wound Care NHS RightCare scenario: The variation between sub-optimal and optimal pathways - "Betty's Story"
- pdf Shared Care for Wounds Document (262 KB) - This document is intended for health care professionals and patients/ carers working together. Supporting people with wounds to look after their own wound is likely to improve their self-confidence and quality of life. It is also a way to reduce pressure on the NHS and reduce the risk of infection.
- pdf Quick guide (3.15 MB) - dressing in practice
- pdf Formulary Fact sheet (216 KB)
- pdf User Guide (1.96 MB)
- pdf Application Guide (1.26 MB)
- pdf Application Guide Leaflet (3.99 MB)
- pdf Pressure Ulcers Made Simple (1.16 MB)
- pdf Product versatility (442 KB)
DuoDERM Signal & Extra Thin
- pdf Pressure ulcer management (2.32 MB)
- pdf How to apply and remove Signal and Extra Thin dressings (972 KB)
- pdf Hampshire and Isle of Wight CCG Upper and Lower Body Skin Tear Pathway (7.24 MB)
- pdf LR Skin Tear First Aid Kit (810 KB)