Nearly 3,000 appointment slots have been made available at mass vaccination sites, GP surgeries and community pharmacies to boost vaccinations for children aged 5 to 11 years across Hampshire and Isle of Wight during half-term.
Alongside these bookable slots, a small number of walk-in clinics and pop-ups will also be open to help children aged 5 to 11 years get their first jab. Appointments will also be available for 12 to 15 year olds and 16+, as well as walk-ins for adults who need their first, second or booster jab.
While many of us will be enjoying the long Bank Holiday weekend, health and care teams will continue working tirelessly to continue offering the vaccine to our communities. This includes on the Isle of Wight where the mass vaccination centre will be open on certain days, as well as the Winchester Park and Ride South trailer, which will be offering appointments for 5 to 11 year olds on Wednesday 1 and Thursday 2 June between 11am and 5.50pm.
Matt Nisbet, GP and Clinical Lead of the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme, said:
“We are incredibly grateful to our health and care teams for continuing their efforts over half-term and the Bank Holiday weekend to ensure our communities still have access to the vaccine. I would strongly encourage any parents or guardians yet to get their children vaccinated to not delay and get it done as soon as possible. This means that they will be eligible for their second dose before the autumn and have the best level of protection against this virus.
“If you have any questions about the vaccine or are unsure whether you or your children are eligible, please contact the Hampshire and Isle of Wight COVID-19 helpline on 0300 561 0018. They can also help with accessing information on COVID restrictions around travelling, if you are already thinking about the summer break.”
As well as protecting children and young people against serious infection, getting vaccinated also reduces the risk of passing it onto others. We know getting vaccinated can also help reduce the risk of disruption to education.
You can contact the Hampshire and Isle of Wight COVID-19 helpline on 0300 561 0018 (Open between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 1pm at weekends).
Below is a list of locations offering mainly bookable vaccination slots for children aged 5 to 11 years over the half-term holidays:
- Hamble House vaccination centre: check the NHS website for most up to date opening times
- Oakley Road vaccination centre: check the NHS website for most up to date opening times
- The Riverside Centre vaccination centre, Newport, Isle of Wight: check the NHS website for most up to date opening times
- Ashley Pharmacy, New Milton: walk-ins for 5-11y olds available on Monday 30 May from 2.30pm to 4.30pm and Wednesday 1 June from 2.30pm to 4.30pm
- AR Pharmacy, Totton: walk-ins for 5-11y olds available on Monday 30 May from 9am to 5.30pm
- Davies Pharmacy, Havant: walk-ins for 5-11y olds available on Monday 30 May from 8.45am to 5pm and Tuesday 31 May from 8.45am to 5pm.
- Greywell Pharmacy, Havant: walk-ins for 5-11y olds available on Monday 30 May from 9am to 5pm, Tuesday 31 May from 9am to 5pm, and Wednesday 1 June from 9am to 5pm.
- Winchester Park and Ride South: bookable appointments for 5-11y olds available on Wednesday 1 June from 11am to 5.50pm and Thursday 2 June from 11am to 5.50pm.
- West Wight Community Centre, Ryde Family Centre.